Don't Trash Our Future
At the University of Chester we are reducing, re-using and recycling our waste for a better future.
In June 2013, University of Chester Experiential Learning in Media students completed a Communication and Behaviour Change Challenge – Recycling Market Research and Strategy Report. Watch their film here.
What can you do?
- Join the Love Food Hate Waste campaign http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/ Keep an eye out for LFHW gigs on your campus this year.
- Join a Green Impact team in your department to achieve positive, meaningful change of the department’s environmental performance.
- WARPit gets the best value out of waste resources, that would otherwise have to be disposed of, by finding the right owners for them. The University of Chester has joined the WARPit community to save money, carbon and waste. Sign-up to the University of Chester’s Warp it portal here: https://www.warp-it.co.uk/uniofchester
- Pack for Good with the British Heart Foundation collection points by the tennis courts on Parkgate Rd campus and outside the Fitness Centre on Warrington campus. Bags for your goods are available at recptions and in the SU. Check out the poster in our downloads section below.
- We're working with Chester Students' Union's Want Not Waste Not campaign to boost the BHF collections this year. As well as pass on items such as pots, pans etc to International students starting in September
There are recycling points across our campuses and we are continually improving our recycling rates. To find out what you can and can't recycle have a look at our poster in the downloads section below.
- Glass can be recycled on main campus in the large collection bins to the rear of Grosvenor House/Seabourne.
- If you are a student living in accomodation serviced by Cheshire West and Chester Council read their guide in the downloads section to avoid a £75 fine.
- There are battery bins at every reception.
- Staff have desk-top recycling trays on their desks to help them recycle their paper. Let us know at Green Chester if you don't have one.
- Lyreco collect all used printer cartridges – laser, photocopier and inkjet. They deliver a cardboard collection box. The phone number to arrange it for your department is 0845 767 6999. Once the box is full give them a call and they collect the box.
- All of our Dining Halls now seperate and recycle food waste. They are diverting tonnes of food waste from landfill to be processed using Anaerobic Digestion. Want to know more? Read the ReFood Brochure in the downloads section. Students at Grosvenor House also recycle their food waste.
Policies & Reports
- Chester & Kingsway Recycling Guide
- Warrington Recycling Guide
- Thornton Recycling Guide
- Queen's Park Recycling Guide
- British Heart Foundation - Want Not! Waste Not!
- British Heart Foundation Report 2015
- ReFood Brochure - what happens to our food waste?
- 2014 Thank You Certificate from BHF
- Dont Trash Our Future Poster Warrington.pdf
- Don't Trash Our Future Poster Chester Main Campus
- Cheshire West and Chester Council Student Recycling Guide
Let's get together
Green Ts and Advocates...