Green Impact highlights simple, achievable actions that can be completed leading to positive, meaningful change to the department’s environmental performance. Student volunteers audit the workbooks and award bronze, silver or gold and special awards: the Innovation Award, Best Energy-saving Idea and Environmental Hero. The awards are presented at the end of year 'Green Tie Awards' in June.
The Green Impact workbook for 2017/18 is now available - create or join a team here http://greenimpact.org.uk/chester . The workbook has been updated slightly, please send any questions to email@example.com The deadline for submitting the workbook is Friday 16th April 2018
It has been another successful year for Green Impact teams across the University. 18 teams from across the University submitted workbooks and achieved awards by completing 1035 ‘greening actions’ from our specially designed Green Impact workbook through the 'Green Impact: Universities and Colleges' initiative.
- Are there other members (staff/students) in your department you could engage within your team- the more people who are aware of your success and activities the better.
- Are there other departments who would get on board, could you encourage a neighbouring department/building to create their own team and expand the Green Impact network across campus?
- New Series of Green Impact Support calls and Webinars click here for more information and to sign up
- Ask if your department is signed up to Green Impact.
- Volunteer some time each week/month to support your department to complete their workbook
- Sign up to be a Green Impact auditor to assess the teams' workbook submissions, and complete the IEMA approved auditor training.
There's lots of information in the downloads section below, or just get in touch by email, twitter or facebook.
Congratulations to the teams who recieved Green Impact 2017 Awards:
Working Towards Bronze
- Kingsway Learning Resource Centre
- The Finishers (Caretakers at Thornton)
- The Foodies (NoWFOOD)
- Leighton Library
- LIS Queen's Park Library
- Modern Languages
- The Quality People (AQSS)
- GHD (Tenant at Thornton)
- LIS Sutton Library, Thornton
- Strategic Economic Development Directorate (SEDD)
- Geography and International Development
- Green SUperstars
- Hospitality and Residential Services - Catering
- LIS Chester Library
- Riverside LIS
- SSG Super Savers
- The Fast and the Futurists
- Warrington Frogs - Broomhead Library
Winners of the Green Impact Special Awards 2017
- Environmental Hero - WINNER Samantha Stewart, Green SUperstars
HIGHLY COMMENDED Lisa Peters, AQSS
- Best Newcomer - Strategic Economic Development Directorate
- Innovation for Engagement- Catering Services
- Environmental Improvement - WINNER LIS Chester Library, Coffee Cup
HIGHLY COMMENDED LIS Queen's Park Library, Wellbeing Area
- Student Leadership Award - Sarah Alderson
- Community Action- LIS Chester Library - VeggieFest
Above and Beyond Award - Warrington Grounds & Garden's team
Longstanding Commitment - Yvonne Ankers, Chester Library
Sustainability Star - Shaunagh Smith
Congratulations to everyone who got involved this year!
Policies & Reports
- Staff Engagement Strategy 2015-17
- Preparing for the audit
- Green Impact Launch Presentation
- Guidelines for Chester SU StARs
- Example Energy Audit Checklist
- Example - GI 5 Top impacts.doc
- Example - lighting and equipment responsibility plan.doc
- Example - SMART action plan_.doc
- Example - Greening Opportunities and SMART Action plan.docx
- EAUC Membership
Let's get together
Green Ts and Advocates...