On Tuesday 17th March from 12pm to 4pm, the University of Chester will be holding the first ever Fix it Fair
The Fix it Fair is part of the Green Chester campaign’s 2015 theme: #OurVintageYear to encourage re-use and repair, and highlight consumption and waste. This is part of the Sustainability Unit’s Engagement Strategy.
The Fix it Fair is an event to share skills and demonstrate to both students and staff how we can get the most out of electronics, clothes and household items, rather than disposing of them when they appear to be at the end of their life.
We already have a wide range of 'Fixperts' lined up who will be offering advice and demos related to a whole range of items including:
- The Natural Veg Men - How to grow veg in a pallet box from 3pm
- LIS will be running RESNET clinics & demonstrating reusable pop up banners
- Helen from Careers will be repairing jewellery from 2pm
- Timpsons are demonstrating phone and tablet repairs
- The Transport team will run demonstrations of basic car maintenance from 1pm
- itravelsmart team are on hand to provide local travel info, bike chipping and cycle safety checks
- Clothes' repairs and repurposing of old clothes
- Bike Factory will be repairing bikes at our brand new Fix it Station
- Love Food Hate Waste team will show you how to compost
- Get your Eco Takeaway box from catering
- British Heart Foundation, collecting unwanted items for reuse
- The University Allotment group
- Dan will be showing how you can make the most of Warp it
- And a few more will be confirmed soon!
If you would like to volunteer on the day or have other fixing skills to offer get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org